Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Release Date: February 4, 2014
About Compass: "Compass "is about helping you find the answers you're looking for in the pages of the Scriptures and allowing that truth navigate your life. Packed with Bible-reading helps and using an energizing, new Bible translation, "Compass" is a Bible designed with you in mind. Do you want to start reading and applying the Bible to your life, but aren't quite sure where to start? Let "Compass "point you in the right direction.
Wanda's Thoughts: Classic stories of the Bible, both Old and New Testament, are told in a contemporary language - a very readable version. The Compass will encourage you to delve deep into the Scripture verses and do it in a simple, but challenging way. It is definitely suitable for all audiences, young and old, and will help bring wisdom into your devotional life.
In addition to the 66 books of the Bible, the Compass will provide you with:
* Screenplay format - identifies dialogue - the speaker is indicated and dialogue indented. (I can especially see younger people using this.)
* resources for personal and communal study
* brief essays and commentaries that explain difficult passages
* suggestions on how to read the Bible with greater clarity
* a plan for reading the entire Bible in 3 years
* strategies for engaging the story of Scripture during Advent, Lent, and Easter
Also included -
* 40 day Retreat with Jesus
* 365 days through the whole Bible
* topical guide to the notes
* topical guide to the Scriptures'
* index to in-text maps
The only thing I found the Compass to be lacking is the need for annotations for the Scripture verses. I use The Life Application Study Bible - NIV - for this reason, but in many ways the Compass has so much more. I'll be using it as a companion to my Bible. The compass is truly a road map to God's promises. 4.5 Stars
Quote - from Chris Seay, President of Ecclesia Bible Society - "As you engage in this story, you may experience a strange feeling that may be best described as a vague sense that you are being followed or pursued."
I received a complimentary copy of this book from BookSneeze in exchange for an honest review. All opinions shared are my own and I was not required to give a positive review.